Brady's Pilgrimage

Friday, September 11, 2009

Permies and Burners oh MY!

Onward through the fog I arrived at Quail Springs as one of six mentors for the first ever Sustainable Vocations program: 3 weeks, 15 participants (14-23 y/o), one 72 hour Permaculture Design Certification, 10 guest speakers, 4 Field Trips, 56 awesome home cooked meals! Wow, what an experience, it was a true treat indeed to be a part of this wonderful and exciting learning parade... Warren Brush and all of the residents of Quail Springs are warm, welcoming and full of knowledge, story and rich experiences. I give thanks to all that made this training happen, and I am happy to say I now have my very own PDC! I would like to share some words of praise to all of my mentors past and present, that fell into my journal during those awesome days!


"Permaculture Praise" 8/18/09

My heart cries in gratitude at the beauty of your soul's expression
my dry lips thirst for your stories of the good ole days
our ancestors smile when you sing soft melodies of folk, birds stop to listen,
my inner child dances at the chance to fit in and be a kid again.
In your company I am help in the palm on an angel, safe, secure, seen.
Though mistakes are made, lessons let learn, encouragement rides on the winds of your praise and acknowledgment of me.
Just one quarky bee drunk on the honey of life, stumbling and fumbling from tree to tree always finding my way back home with pockets full of pollen, inspiration to feed and nurture my family. A heart saturated in grief, I embrace their familiar warmth yearning to connect in a different way.

I am tired, lost, broken, let the wholeness of my essence be felt not shooken.
I am afraid of disappearing without ever fully living or remembering why I came here and what gifts I am meant to give.
So I walk barefoot, beat up and bloodied picking up pieces in patterns not yet understood,
knowing that miracles are brewing, fairies working overtime, the spirit of the earth is calling.
I strain my ears to hear her words of wisdom.
Hopeful and certain of nothing I trudge forward through the fog in mind letting go of beliefs that don't serve.
Looking down at footsteps of past noticing scattered grains of golden sand that lie shimmering in my wake. Pebbles of knowledge, experience, perfect, unique.
Admiring the path that I chose, trail of rainbows, circles blessed to sit in amongst masters and mentors, in between goddesses and kings.

I notice you, the way you move with ease and speak with grace, we laugh a lot, have loads of fun, but most important always get the job done.
Work doesn't feel so hard when you are near, distracted by the humility of your gentle nature.
It's in your blood , dirt in your clothes, crease of your hat, your care for all and always share fair.
Sometimes I get it, at times forget it, daze off into dreams deferred, what am I waiting for?
The time is here, message clear, "go....fly.....buzz you bizzy bee, leave the hive for sweeter honey cross horizons, boundaries, limits.

Keep searching for paradise till your in it. Don't give up and regret, destiny will always be calling, opportunity knocking to let you in on another secret.
Everything's alright enjoy the ride, relax your grip, if you hold on too tight you'll never feel true ecstasy or bliss.
It only takes you kiss to turn a toad to a prince, charming and confident I survey this kingdom, with unconditional compassion. Fierce, brave, surfing the wave of passion, excited to hit the shore and see what happens. As the tide ebbs and flows I perch on the mountain top like sage, shaman, prophet, making offerings, prayin, smilin, breathin...

"Wear your vision on your sleeve, reveal yourself like an open book, engage the world with moments of creativity and spontaneous joy. Slow down, watch the sun rise and set, moon wax and wain, notice the abundance of a desert, see the masterpiece within a pile of junk. Waste equals food and there's no price to pay for resourceful solutions, one million blocks of clay can build a village, our thoughts eliminate pollution. As the universe revolves lets stop trippin on where it started, realize we are the center, decide where we're headin! Lets make magic daily, earn a fortune while regenerating this ecosystem. Wealth and surplus are nutrients for dreams to blossom. In this communal world garden the future is upon us like a blanket on a cold night, let us learn to die to be reborn in light, as we spread and sink our light in the earth, watch springs of bounty come bursting forth out of every crack and crevice, a contagious respect for all life, stepping with our best foot first, bringing the best versions of ourselves out to play and shine. We have all the time to make things right, stop, rewind, pause the tape, a permanent culture is an idea ideal, it's possible if we pursue it. Lets jump right through this hoop together, one heart, one mind, one helluva party! Long life, honey in the Heart, thirteen thank yous....

After the course I headed north hitching to the Bay area then east to Yosemite for a friends wedding. I got excepted for a volunteer position to help clean up burning man in exchange for a FREE ticket, I jumped at the opportunity and headed straight for Black Rock City, round 2!
The road from Yosemite to HWY 395 was closed due to fire so I had to hike the 12 miles up and out of the valley up to Toulumne, with the 4500 ft elevation gain and a 40+ lb pack, it wasn't easy but I made it and got great rides all the way to Tahoe on Tuesday night. Got to visit some good friends and kept on truckin the next day arriving in BRC wednesday afternoon! This burn was a much better experience than my first. I got to stay with a great crew including my friend "Darko" at the Burning Roadshow Camp. The Cool Bus was in true burning fashion, I tried my best constructing a "Captain Funby" cape first thing!,

Ahh, the ups, downs, surprises and smiles were abound, pushing all boundaries physical, mental, emotional and spiritual. I had no plans, no schedule, no expectations and that is the way I prefer it a b-man. The theme was Evolution, very cool... I ran into some Colorado friends amongst others, spent the mornings at camp, afternoons out and about, decadent diners at camp and nights out on la playa! Full of dancing in geodesic domes, drunken bike rides to Buddha bunnies and beyond, art car hoppin, and of course many giant fires! Saturday was hell, dust storms all day, until "5 minutes till Burn" came over the radio.... we hurried onward through the dust and made it in perfect time to see the fire dancer parade and the crown of thorns and man ignite in a great ball of fire. Sunday's Temple burn was truly amazing, nearly silent, a huge wave of grief and release washed over the crowd as our loved ones remembered and our prayers were sent to the heavens!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home