Brady's Pilgrimage

Friday, February 08, 2008

For the Enlightenment of All Beings!

The New Year is upon me like a blanket, it comforts and surrounds me, makes me feel warm and happy about what is to come. The month of January was quite a trip, literally, my older brother Troy and I were determined to take a road trip together to explore the west, our human potential, and as possible Vision Quest. I personally was in search of fulfilling work and community, opportunities to learn and progressive projects to contribute to. Troy needed a break from work, I know that owning your own business can consume you, as it did with him, he was looking to expand his horizons, get centered and grounded looking for opportunity and vision to guide his future and the future of the company. With one day before our schedule departure I got my tags renewed on my car, insurance and picked it up from my Dad's where it had been siting in a garage for nearly a year, "I hope it runs?" Driving it back to Lawrence i realized something was wrong and needed to be fixed, luckily we know a sweet and efficient mechanic who doesn't mind working on Sunday with an incentive a some good beer. So 3oo dollars and a few hours later we were on our way, pushing into the sunset towards Colorado at 80 miles an hour!

We went skiing, saw friends, hiked, meditated daily, played lots of frisbee golf and eventually drank, watched sports and smoked pot. Not exactly off to the holistic start of the New Year I was intending, but exciting none the less. We rode with Clayton in Breckenridge, stayed at Mom's in Pagosa, slept at a friends in Santa Fe, meditated on the vortexes of Sedona, hung out with Eddie in Scottsdale, climbed in Joshua Tree, surfed in Santa Cruz, picked up Brent in Berkely, circled up with Hassan in Sebastapol, checked out the Solar Living Institute in Hopland, skied with Joel and ate lunch with Sara in Lake Tahoe, camped out in the snow of Mt. Shasta, went bouldering with Colin in Bend, played Frolf with Andy, Danced to the Alpaca Band w/ Dan and Rae, kicked it with Benji all in the rainy city of Portland, got stuck in a 3 hrs traffic jam on the way to Salt Lake City, had a 40hr epic drive back to Pagosa, where we skied, boarded, soaked our bones with Mom, Dan, Demitree and the Fam. and after the Superbowl in Southfork Mom, Dan and Troy drove back to Lawrence, and I up to Breck to see Clayton again, because the pass was closed indefinitely and i'm snowed in again! Wow, yes, yes Januaray was a trip and Febuary has proved action packed as well but more holistic for sure!

I'm on the Fifth day of the Master Cleanse fast, where i've been drinking a "spicy lemonade" concoction, meditating for about an hour a day, doing my "Sun Salutations" yoga practice and reading loads. At the moment I'm partially through about a half a dozen books, reading the Ancient Secret of the Flower of Life Vol 1., the Earth Users Guide to Permaculture, Scott Nearing's the Making of a Radical, Deepak Chopra's Book of Secrets, and just picked up Tom Brown Jr's The Quest which is absolutely fascinating! among reading intro's to about a half dozen more...

Yesterday I got home from Ice Climbing with Clayton and his friend Matt, I was pretty beat but read a few chapters in the Quest and had quite a breakthrough. the book is about TBJr's childhood from the ages 7-17 where he was taught by a great Native American elder, Grandpa Stalking Wolf with his boyhood friend Rick. Grandpa was telling them of the Four Big Prophecies of the destruction of Man and Grandpa is usually always right. Well two of those prophecies have already come to be and he says we only have time between now and the Third to make things right, by the Healing of Mother Earth and the Enlightenment of Man. Grandpa says:

"if a person is attuned to the world of the spirit, the world of vision, and working for things beyond his/herself, then the path and time to act becomes clear. Until then, allow the spirit of the Earth and the Creator to teach, and the Vision Quest to guide, and all else will become Reality" "Once the learning process of the spirit is over, however, (you) must make frequent journeys to into the world of Man to share that which is taught by the purity of the wilderness... All the Great Prophets and Holy Men have come from the Wilderness, for Wilderness is where their spiritual fires were born" pgs. 29 &84

After reading these pages I intuitively set the book down and started a meditation, first silent then using the sounds of Ahh, Omm, and the Sacred Vowels E, A, AH, O,U i put a call out to my ancestors, the spirit of the Earth and my Divine Self for the guidance and wisdom to live in service for the Healing of the Earth and Enlightenment of all Beings. Living in the moment and totally improvised this was one of the most powerful meditations i've ever had, after about 50 minutes I opened my eyes and the power of the apartment was out!, coincidence, who knows? A sign from the Universe, maybe? Anyways I wrote down the following statement in my journal and would like to share it.

"I choose to live a selfless life, powered and protected by love and spirit for the Enlightenment of all Beings and the healing of Mother Earth, Father Sky and the Divine Self. I am only part of the 'spirit-that-moves-in-all-things'. Great Spirit, Please Lead Me, Guide Me, Direct and Protect Me, I am in Service for the Greatest Good of All"

Its these moments that i feel complete, whole and in harmony with the universe, its then when i jump back on the track i was born to live! Thank You all, you are beautiful creatures made of Light, Love and Peace!

2 Comments:

At 6:30 PM, Blogger Perfumes said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:17 PM, Blogger Ryan Mlynarczyk said...

love the title of this blog Brady! makes me feel a deep connection with you. I am looking forward to more blog entries from you! especially since you are on a pilgramage now!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home