Brady's Pilgrimage

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Leading By Example

..yesterday i wrote this in a fit of frustration, excitement, and inspiration,
"Guilt Trip"
Trying to be my best, although it sounds cheesy
trying to stay humble with out exploding, cause
sometimes i want to yell "what the fuck are you doing!"
you can fuck over yourself all you want, but others, the planet,
that's where the line is crossed.
Injustice has been ignore for too long and the oppressed are
seeking revenge. Its pretty obvious that the majority would
benefit greatly if the Greedy Powers at be would give up a
strangle hold on their egos, develop compassion for humanity,
or make it easy on all of us and commit suicide.
Although we shouldn't revert to violence, that's using poison
instead of medicine, but a cure for this disease could hurt the
Economy, and 'Oh my God' how would the West survive
without a TV in front of their face and a beer in their hand?
Are we better off waiting for the pot to boil, killing us all?
Maybe we should all wake up and quit our jobs, go back to
growing vegetables and building houses of straw and mud.
Some people think there are less radical solutions to our
problems but time is getting on. Our Mother's got cancer
and we still can't stop Raping her.
What am i doing to heal these wounds? just what is necessary:
trying my best to use less and help more, walk or bike instead
of drive, pick up litter when i see it, shop locally and cook more,
Think before i Eat!, ask myself these questions daily without
getting too satisfied with the answers. You can say I'm extreme,
point out my flaws but pointing the finger does you no good at all
Take responsibility for your actions, surprise me, challenge
my ideals and encourage me when I'm down, 'cause even when I
appear confident I have insecurities too. Can we stop embarrassing
each other and give compliments instead? It stretches my
imagination but I dream of abundance for EVERYONE, the potential
is their but our tactics make me sick! I'll swallow my pride for
equality, can you do that? Sometimes I think playing Sane is
holding me back. That's when I decided, "I'll Guilt Trip you too,
if that's what it Takes!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home